Mission and Goals
Our three main aims are to improve:
The Professional Welfare of Interns
Campaigning to improve working conditions, and seeking fair remuneration.
- Diversifying the accessibility of internship programmes, thereby improving the internship experience and increasing the participation of developing nations.
- Generating networks and opportunities for professional development.
- Achieving this through constructive dialogue with international organizations.
Life Beyond Work
- Continuing and improving interns’ social events like GIA Drinks and GIA Lunches.
- Sharing knowledge on housing, meals at UN organizations, job opportunities etc.
- Strengthening the existing community of interns in Geneva.
- Providing a point of contact for interns with difficulties.
Continuity and a Lasting Institution
- Many previous initiatives have been started by interns, but the fact that we move on so quickly means that they are soon forgotten and no longer pursued.
- Having a formal association will help passing experience and information from one generation of interns to the next.